MINDFUL METHODS FOR LIFE (MML)
Instructor: Julie Potiker
6 Week Course, Tuesday from 1:00P.M.-3:00P.M or 6:30P.M.-8:30P.M. September 12- October 17, 2017
$270/member price $225.00
Based on the Mindful Self-Compassion curriculum, Mindful Methods for Life is a 6 week course that synthesizes all the most recent brain science for rewiring your brain for more resilience and happiness with the empirically based MSC course. The program activities include short talks, experiential exercises, meditation, group discussion, and home practices. MML is an opportunity to explore how we typically respond when difficulties arise in our lives and to learn tools for becoming a warm and supportive companion to ourselves.
In MML you’ll learn to:
Understand the science and practice of experience dependent neuroplasticity for positive neuroplasticity training
• Practice mindfulness and self-compassion in daily life
• Understand the science of self-compassion
• Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
• Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
• Transform challenging relationships, old and new
• Manage caregiver fatigue
• Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation
• Teach simple self-compassion skills to others
This program is designed for members of the general public. Meditation experience is not necessary to participate in MML. All are welcome!